Wednesday 1 November 2017

October 2017 wrap-up + favourites


Hello, beautiful people!


And just like that, October is over and we only have two months left of 2017. *gasps* October was a stressful month because uni started again for me at the end of September, but I'm satisfied with what I did, when it comes to studying, reading... and watching Gilmore Girls. For Gilmore Girls, I actually had to take a week long break from it because I had been watching the show way too fast, but now that we're in November, I shall binge-watch it once again.

WHAT I READ

  • The Diviners by Libba Bray (reread) 4/5 stars
  • Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon 4/5 stars
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 5/5 stars
  • The Sun and her Flowers by Rupi Kaur 3/5 stars
  • A Different Blue by Amy Harmon 4/5 stars
  • Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (reread) 5/5 stars
  • Two on a Tower by Thomas Hardy 4/5 stars
  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (reread) 5/5 stars
  • Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell 3.5/5 stars
  • Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao 4/5 stars
  • The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins 4/5 stars
  • Ruth by Elizabeth Gaskell 5/5 stars
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker 4/5 stars



I had an amazing reading month, both in quality and quantity and it's all thanks to Victober. If you don't know, it's a readathon that takes place in October where you read Victorian literature. I loved it so much and I'm already excited to participate next year!



FAVOURITES


To be honest, I could talk about Les Misérables and Gilmore Girls again, but they both were in my favourites of last month already, so it wouldn't be really interesting. I also rewatched and loved the first season of Legion this month, but I already wrote an entire blog post about that, I'd rather read that if I were you! Now that I've said that, let's move on to my other favourites of the month.


TV SHOW // Victoria (season 2)


Victoria was my favourite TV show of 2016 and I was beyond happy when the second season aired recently. I (mostly) binge-watched it in October and I fell in love with this period drama all over again. I've always been obsessed with Victoria and Albert, and I absolutely loved how they are portrayed in the show (Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes are both very attractive and have tons of chemistry, it helps as well) and to learn a bit more about them - even though many aspects are romanticized. I am very emotionally invested in the show and I was pleasantly surprised by some things that happened (even though my heart was broken not so long after... you know what I mean). Besides, as it was Victober, so it was the perfect month to watch it! If you love period dramas, I would highly recommend you this one!

MUSIC // Anastasia (the musical)



I really needed a change from Les Misérables (my obsession would become unhealthy otherwise), so this month, I discovered Anastasia, the new Broadway musical. It's inspired by the animated movie, with beloved songs such as Once Upon a December or Journey to the Past and I've been loving it. I've always found Russian history intriguing and I really want to read The Romanovs by Simon Sebag Montefiore now. I'm so looking forward to find a way to watch this musical, but in the meantime, the score is amazing!

TV SHOW // Stranger Things (season 2)



Well, you probably heard that the second season of Stranger Things aired on October 27th because it's all the Internet has been talking about, so it won't be a surprise if I talk about it. I watched the first season a while ago and absolutely fell in love with the show: the plot is addictive, the characters so relatable and I love that it's set in the 1980s. I was afraid I would be disappointed by the second season, but on the contrary: I grew even more attached to the characters and like everyone else, I loved Steve so much (as well as the rest of the gang, but it was so surprising for Steve!). I'm already looking forward to rewatch the second season (do we really have to wait until 2019 for season 3?) in the next year or so.

FOOD // Breakfast in America (Paris)

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably noticed that I posted food pictures for several Sunday mornings and it's all because of this place that I discovered in May. Breakfast in America is an American dinner in Paris (there are three of them) that serves breakfasts and brunches obviously, as well as burgers, chili con carne and so on. I've only ever been there for enormous breakfasts (veggie omelet with cheese or pancakes I can't even finish) and I really love this place. I would totally recommend it if you're in Paris to visit the city and need to eat a lot of food at once!

I hope you had a great month and read amazing books!


Lots of love,
Lucie

2 comments:

  1. LES MIS. <3 Haha...I saw that and now I just want to go rewatch the whole thing. xD But it seems like you had a great reading month too. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap! <3


    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading the entire book for Les Mis this month and I cannot wait, even though it's such a big book, haha. Yes I did, that's all thanks to Victober I guess. Thank you, Zoe! <3

      Delete