Tuesday 1 August 2017

Reading wrap-up + Favourites // July 2017



Hello, beautiful people!

It's been a long time since I wrote anything here, but there I am, on holidays for the first time in *gasp* two years (wait, it means that I haven't gotten a real one since I started this blog? Wut). The past few months have been pretty dense and draining, but finally, I missed blogging. If this isn't one of the biggest blogging slumps of ever, I don't know what it was. Per usual, I read tons of books, even though I was at my internship all weekdays; because what is sleep? Or eating? I dunno.

Let's move on to the books though, or I'll start to ramble. In July, I read a grand total of sixteen books.
  • Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie ☆☆☆☆
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (reread) ☆☆☆☆☆
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (reread) ☆☆☆☆☆
  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (reread) ☆☆☆☆☆
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee ☆☆☆☆
  • The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory ☆☆☆☆
  • The White Queen by Philippa Gregory ☆☆☆☆
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (reread) ☆☆☆☆☆
  • The Secret History by Donna Tartt ☆☆☆☆☆
  • The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman ☆☆☆☆
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood ☆☆☆☆☆
  • Saints for All Occasions by J. Courtney Sullivan ☆☆☆
  • The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord ☆☆☆☆
  • La chanson des enfants perdus by BĂ©atrice Bottet ☆☆☆
  • The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante ☆☆☆☆
  • Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter ☆☆☆☆☆

I had an amazing reading month and didn't really dislike any book, which is such a relief, as I really don't want to lose my time with books I don't like anymore. My favourite books of the month were by far: The Secret History, The Handmaid's Tale and Hamilton: The Revolution, if I don't include my rereads obviously. It was a month of not reading that much YA apparently and I'm not really surprised to be honest.


FAVOURITES

TV SHOW - The White Queen

This month was all about historical fiction in terms of reading, but also for TV shows. I had started watching The White Queen when it aired four years ago, but then, I stopped for no reason at all. This time around, I became so obsessed with it; because I don't know a lot about the War of the Roses, but I'm always eager to see British history on TV. I loved how it centered around different women and I ate the whole season in a matter of days. After that, I decided I wanted to read Philippa Gregory's book series, which is why I haven't watched The White Princess yet, for I want to be caught up with the books.

MUSIC - Sara Farell's cover of It Ain't Me and I Don't Wanna Live Forever

About 90% of what I listened to originated from a musical or a movie (I listen to soundtracks all the time, even if it's only instrumental), but sometimes, I try new playlists on Spotifyand that's how I discovered Sara Farell's covers of It Ain't Me and I Don't Wanna Live Forever. I became absolutely obsessed; because it was acoustic versions and I listened to It Ain't Me on repeat for 24 hours, as it fit so well with something that were happening in my life. I owe you, Spotify!

What have you been up to this month? What was the best book you read?



Lots of love,
Lucie

No comments:

Post a Comment